The annual DTEX i3 Team Insider Risk Investigations Report, based on real investigations and data collected by the DTEX Insider Intelligence and Investigations (i3) team throughout 2022, identifies a significant increase in corporate IP and data theft incidents, the Human Resources department’s growing role in cybersecurity, and notable new trends impacting the insider risk landscape due to the rise of employee attrition.
Notable findings of the Report include:
- During the first half of 2022, the DTEX i3 Team saw a 20% increase in voluntary turnover compared with pre-pandemic levels. This coincided with a 35% increase in data theft incidents caused by employees leaving companies
- 12% of employees took sensitive IP with them when they left an organization, including customer data, employee data, health records, sales contracts, and more
- 75% of investigation requests were managed by human resources in the second half of 2022
- Unsanctioned 3rd-party work on corporate devices increased nearly 200%
- Unsanctioned application usage increased by 55%
Download the report to learn more.